Sqwá First Nations Water Quality Monitoring Training
|August 15, 2023 at 9:00 am to August 17, 2023 at 4:00 pm (America/Vancouver)|
Living Lakes Canada is excited to collaborate with British Columbia Lakes Stewardship Society to deliver a 3-day training on how to evaluate freshwater health to Sqwá First Nations youth and community members.
At the end of the 3 day course, the participants will:
- understand freshwater ecosystems and water stewardship
- be able to use monitoring equipment for stream-slough monitoring and be able to execute water samples for steam-slough monitoring following BC protocols.
- understand the safety aspects of monitoring.
- understand the principles of data collection and data management.
- have an overview of career opportunities in the water sector.
- understand the indigenous perspective around water and water monitoring.
Interested Sqwá community members can register to participate in the event here.