Join our team! We’re hiring an Administrative Assistant!
Title of Position: Administrative Assistant
- Term of Employment: Temporary, part-time position with potential for permanent employment
- Wage: $22/hr-$24/hr
- Location: Nelson, B.C., option to work at office or remote/office hybrid
- Deadline to Apply: June 2nd, 2023 by 5:00pm PT
- Submit Application to: Sarah Gower, Administrative/HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: 20 hours per week (0.50 FTE) for short term contract (June 12th to Aug 31st); potential for extension
About the Organization:
Join our growing team who are all incredibly dedicated and passionate about all things water! Living Lakes Canada bridges the gap between science and action, to foster citizen-based water stewardship. Our mandate is to help Canadians understand the intimate connections between water quantity, water quality, land-use, climate change, biodiversity, and healthy human communities by building a water stewardship ethic that we can be proud of. Living Lakes Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Administrative/HR Coordinator, Finance Manager and Deputy Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support on an organization wide basis. The position will support the executive team and senior managers through a variety of tasks.
Ability to effectively communicate in writing via email is extremely important. It is expected that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a flexible and self-directed manner.
Reporting to the Administrative/HR Coordinator, Finance Manager and Deputy Director, the responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
General Administrative Duties
- Phone reception duties using VOIP system
- Scheduling meetings, registering for conferences, travel booking
- Course registration
- Equipment purchase and tracking
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files
- Providing information to requests via email and phone
- Packaging and sending gifts and prizes to various funders, advisors and volunteers
- Assisting accounts payable and accounts receivable process and data entry
- Grant and Funder tracking, through Highrise and via Program Financial Forecasting
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Audit support
- Quickbooks maintenance and general bookkeeping
- Administratively support existing fundraising apparatus as needed
- Assisting with sending fundraising letters in the mail
- Knowledge of Google Workspace including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Meets
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom
- Excellent typing skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable, capable of handling a large amount of complex information
- Administrative and/or Office Management Certificate or Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in administrative work
- Reliable, self-motivated and independent with a demonstrated ability to collaborate well within a team
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and support others to do the same
- Previous experience working with a nonprofit organization considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to Living Lakes Canada’s mission
Please submit a resume and cover letter with three references to email@example.com no later than June 2nd at 5:00pm PST. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.