Lake Biodiversity Photo Challenge – 2022 Contest Rules
How to enter:
- Submission Form: Upload your photos and information via the photo submission form on lakeblitz.livinglakescanada.ca.
- Social Media: Tag and follow @livinglakesca and use the #LakeBlitzPhoto. Tell us the name and location of your lake in the caption. Photos must be posted in the social account feed, stories will not be eligible to win.
- Email: Send us your photo entry to email@example.com. Be sure to include where the photo was taken and the lake name.
You may submit up to one entry per day. Contest runs May 1 – July 31st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
*Updated June 13, 2022
There are 3 categories:
- Most Biodiverse: Capture a lake photo showcasing its beautiful biodiversity (i.e. with as much variety of plants and animals as possible)
- Most Impacted: Capture a lake photo where there are instances of impact such as visible pollution, deforestation, wildfire smoke or adjacent industry
- Kids Category: Photographers aged 12 and under (must have a parent or guardians permission to enter)
And 2 prizes per category (for a total of 6 prizes):
- Judges’ favourite – Most Biodiverse/Most Impacted will be chosen by Living Lakes Canada and Kids Category will be selected by our sponsor partner Earth Rangers.
- Public Favourite – See online voting instructions below.
Living Lakes Canada and Earth Rangers will be judging the photos based on the following criteria:
- Quality and composition: how well the photo captures the subject and the resolution of the image is of a high quality.
- Relevance to Lake Biodiversity: how does the photo tell a story about lake biodiversity or show a human impact.
Online voting instructions to help pick a Public Favourite in each of the 3 categories are as follows:
- You receive 1 vote per category.
- Make your vote by clicking on the category you wish to vote in, then click the heart icon.
- A red heart means your vote has been counted.
- If you attempt to vote twice for 1 photo, the system will recognize you are voting again and won’t register your second vote.
- Voting will close after July 31, 2022 and we will announce the winners in August.
There are great prizes to be won by our generous sponsors. Each prize pack contains:
- LUSH Cosmetics gift box: 3 ethically sourced and cruelty free body products
- Kicking Horse Coffee products: 1 lb bag of coffee and travel mug
- DAVIDsTEA: 2 25 g bags of premium loose leaf tea
1 prize pack will be sent to the winners of Most Biodiversity, Most Impacted and Public Favourite.
The kid-friendly prize pack will be age-appropriate and awesome!
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- No purchase or fee is required to enter the contest.
- Entrants must be a legal resident of Canada to win prizes.
- Entrants aged seventeen (17) years or under must have their parents or legal guardian’s consent to enter the Lake Biodiversity Photo Contest.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Photos must have been taken in the past 12 months.
- Photo entries must be original and not have been a winner in another national competition.
- Photos must not have been published or accepted for publication by a national magazine or newspaper.
- Photos must be of legal activities, taking into consideration safety and any laws governing parks or protected areas where photos are taken.
- Photos that disturb or damage the environment, animals, or plants are not permitted.
- Photo entries must be at least 1080 x 1080 pixels in size at original resolution.
- Entries can be edited and altered including tonal changes and cropping.
- Winners must have complied with the rules and eligibility requirements listed above.
- Winners will be notified via email or on social media and will have 5 days to respond before a runner-up is chosen.
- Prizes will be shipped within Canada only and are not available to be sold or exchanged for cash.
Questions regarding the contest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lake Biodiversity Photo Contest” in the subject line.
By submitting your photo to the Lake Biodiversity Photo Challenge, you are granting Living Lakes Canada the unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual right to use your photo for future educational, promotional and charitable purposes without any fee or other form of compensation, and without further notification or permission.
You will retain all rights and ownership to any photograph you submit.
Except where prohibited by law, participants who are declared winners consent to Living Lakes Canada using the winner’s name for promotional purposes without further notification, permission, or payment.
In the event that the photo challenge cannot run as planned, Living Lakes Canada reserves the right to cancel, modify, extend or suspend the challenge.
Disclaimer and Liability
Living Lakes Canada will not be responsible for any lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or undeliverable entries. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to ensure their photo(s) are properly submitted.
Living Lakes Canada does not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from your participation in the contest.
By participating in this contest, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Living Lakes Canada their employees, directors, officers, members, affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions or losses of any kind (including actual legal fees and expenses) arising from or related to: (a) your failure to comply with any of the rules or meet eligibility requirements; (b) any misrepresentation you make under these rules or otherwise to Living Lakes Canada; or (c) your participation in the Lake Biodiversity Photo Contest.
The Lake Biodiversity Photo Challenge is in no way sponsored or affiliated with Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to LLC and not to any social media platform. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of this challenge and in accordance with Living Lakes Canada privacy policies.
The Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable in British Columbia.
All disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, prizes or these rules will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.