Join our team! We’re hiring a Coordinator, Water Monitoring Programs
Title of Position: Coordinator, Water Monitoring Programs
- Term of Employment: Initial six month contract with potential for permanent employment. Start date, as soon as possible.
- Wage: $52,000 – $54,000 annual salary
- Location: East Kootenay, BC
- Deadline to Apply: Job posting will remain open until the position is filled
- Submit Application to: Sarah Gower, HR: email@example.com
- Hours: 40 hours/week, FTE 1.0
About the Organization:
Join our growing team of incredibly dedicated and passionate people about all things water! Living Lakes Canada (LLC) bridges the gap between science and action, to foster citizen-based water stewardship. Our mandate is to help Canadians understand the intimate connections between water quantity, water quality, land-use, climate change, biodiversity, and healthy human communities by building a water stewardship ethic that we can be proud of.
The Water Monitoring Program Coordinator will support the LLC Columbia Basin Water Monitoring Framework program and associated Groundwater Program, with a focus on community outreach and engagement. The Coordinator will assist with monitoring and lead outreach and education initiatives that align with LLC water monitoring programs.
Reporting to the Columbia Basin Water Monitoring Framework Manager:
- Engage and coordinate community volunteers to support surface water quantity and quality and groundwater level monitoring
- Coordinate outreach and education initiatives that align with LLC water monitoring programs
- Coordinate monitoring activities with local First Nations and Guardians programs
- Lead and/or assist with hydrometric, groundwater level, and biomonitoring (CABIN and STREAM) data collection in collaboration with technicians and/or volunteers
- Support data management and record keeping
- Support reporting and communication of monitoring results
- Support fundraising activities
- Promote the use of the data from the Program to support research, decision making, and water stewardship
- Experience or understanding of hydrometric, water quality and groundwater level monitoring
- Experience with water monitoring equipment including data loggers, surveying, flow meters etc.
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts and protocols to diverse audiences
- Willingness to adhere to standards and protocols for water monitoring
- Comfortable working and hiking in remote areas and working in and around moving water
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and support others to do the same
- Reliable, self-motivated and independent with a demonstrated ability to collaborate well within a team
- Certificate, diploma or degree in environmental sciences or related field, or equivalent experience
- Two years of work experience in water monitoring or related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to Living Lakes Canada’s mission
- CABIN Field Assistant certification or greater an asset
- Occupational First Aid Level One or greater an asset
- Own vehicle an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.