“Why Care About Water Data?” Webinar Series
Living Lakes Canada and the Columbia Basin Water Hub are pleased to present an exciting new webinar series focused on the importance of water data in an era of climate and biodiversity crisis.
The purpose of this series is to increase awareness of what water data is, and the value and applications of water data for decision makers and the public. While the spotlight will be on the Canadian Columbia Basin, this three-part webinar series will be useful to individuals and groups collecting and working with water data in their respective watersheds or areas of interest.
Webinar 1: “Climate change in the Columbia Basin and why water data is needed for adaptation”
Wednesday, June 9 – 10-11am PT/11am-noon MT/1pm-2pm ET
- This webinar will look at implementing a water balance approach in the Columbia Basin and the urgency around collecting water data for climate resilience.
- Presenters: Dr. Martin Carver (Aqua Environmental Associates), Greg Utzig (Kutenai Nature Investigations Ltd.)
Webinar 2: “Who is collecting water data in the Columbia Basin”
Wednesday, June 16 – 10-11am PT/11am-noon MT/1pm-2pm ET
- This webinar will spotlight some people who collect water data in the Columbia Basin. We will explore what motivates them to monitor water, which parameters they are monitoring, any findings, and how the data they have collected has had an impact on their community, operations or decision-making processes.
- Presenters: Chad Hughes (Elk River Alliance), Carol Luttmer (LLC Groundwater Program), Richard Johnson (Arrow Lakes Environmental Stewardship Society & Slocan Lake Research Centre)
Webinar 3: “Applications of Water Data for Decision Making”
Wednesday, June 23 – 10-11am PT/11am-noon MT/1pm-2pm ET
- This webinar focus on ways that water data can be used to guide decision making and policy. Datasets currently available through the Water Hub will be used as examples.
- Presenters: Jennifer Yeow (Passmore Laboratory Ltd.), Jason Schleppe (Ecoscape Ltd.), Santiago Botero & Paige Thurston (Columbia Basin Water Hub)
- Santiago Botero, Applied Innovation and Technology Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paige Thurston, Database & Community Outreach Coordinator: email@example.com