Title: Administrative Assistant-Full Time (32 hours/week with possible increase)
Term: Permanent Employee
Closing Date: February 19th, 2021
About the organization:
Living Lakes Canada is a dynamic, fast-paced, and progressive registered charitable Non Governmental Organization whose focus is on collaborative problem solving to address climate change impacts on water and ecosystems. Members of our Team have an interest or knowledge about natural systems, Indigenous reconciliation, water sustainability, community-based monitoring, biodiversity, and climate change. The ideal candidate would share similar values, and take pride in their work knowing they are helping to make a difference.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is February 19th, 2021 at 5 p.m. PST, preferred start date as soon as possible.
Although remote work is an option, the ideal candidate would be based out of Nelson, B.C. where Living Lakes Canada currently has office space and the Administrative Director, and Operations Director are located.
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments and travel, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to requests by email/on our website.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email is extremely important ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Assists with processing and preparing invoices, expense claims, reviewing timesheets, and other internal processes key to the function of the organization. This position would be directly supporting the Administrative Director, the Executive Director, and/or Operations Director.
Additional tasks may include; basic office maintenance and organization, preparing board materials, and internal organization filing systems and data management. A strong working knowledge of Google Suite is an asset, additional technological competency in Asana, Highrise, Zoom, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Suite would be considered an asset.
- $38-45,000 annually. Based on experience and qualifications
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana, Highrise, Zoom, DocuSign, and Quickbooks preferred. Training will be provided
- Typing skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable, capable of handling a large amount of complex information
- Administrative Assistant Diploma or Certificate
- 3-5 years experience working as an Administrative Assistant
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work experience with an environmental not-for-profit considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Asana, Highrise, Zoom, and Quickbooks
- Preference given to applicants with experience managing multiple social media platforms for organizations.
To apply or inquire about the Administrative Assistant opportunity with Living Lakes Canada please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume..